MARCH 7, 2011 BY LEAVE A COMMENT
Huge thanks to those who volunteered with MMRC Haiti to make recent visits to Orphanage Foyer d’Orelph in Croix Des Bouquets, Haiti. Even with Little Paul in the U.S. for the past 8 weeks, MMRC has been working hard to keep Val and the kids moving toward stability.
February marked the one year anniversary of Director, Valiere Delice, having started the orphanage and our hearts go out to him for everything he has done in the past 12 months. His dedication and sacrifice to these children is rarely acknowledged as it should be. It has been an honor to support Valiere Delice and these children.
In early February, MMRC Haiti volunteers Laura Brown and Yvette Acevedo (and with Junior, always with Junior!) visited the kids with both Medical Relief and Education (MRE), and European Disaster Volunteers (EDV) and spent much time organizing the following:
- health check ups on all 50+ children, including tracking height and weight
- health education on teeth and dental care (special thanks to MRE and EDV!)
- crafts, drawing for the younger children and jewelry making for the older kids
- deworming all 50+ children
- followed up and obtained medications required for ailments discovered during health assessments
- children received new clothing from donations to MMRC Haiti
There is much more to say including thanking the admirable Patricia Back, MD for her visit to the orphanage, as well as a big story about Michael Mastroianni taking Val and Junior to Food For The Poor to help get the kids out of a desperate situation (he was hugely successful), but I will let Little Paul tell those stories in the next few days…
Thanks for keeping up to date with Little Paul, MMRC Haiti, and Orphanage Foyer d’Orelph.
Donations for the kids can be made through MMRC http://mmrchaiti.org/donate and more information (and photos!) can be found at http://orphanageorelph.org
We would like to launch a monthly sponsorship program for each one of the children.
Please get in touch with us if you are interested in helping these amazing kids!